Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Computer rioting and some other non-related things of note

"Mothers clutched their children for protection, people screamed as they were knocked to the ground, a stroller was demolished, cars inched through the crowd." -- Richmond Times Dispatch, Aug. 17

Sometimes I really wonder about human beings and why they do what they do. Then comes this from last month in Richmond, VA. The story goes that $50 used iBooks were going to be sold and the crowd got unruly. Then they pushed and shoved and stampeded.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photo by Dean Hoffman/Times-Dispatch

In other less violent news at 2:57 a.m.
--Larry King alternates from being interesting and scaring me. I still haven't figured out the guy.

--The Chicago White Sox lost, but are closer to the playoffs because the Indians lost. This bothers me. I want history. I was a collapse like no team has ever had. And I want it to be the White Sox who do it. And I want the nation to get to see Coco Crisp and Grady Sizemore and Travis Hafner and Jhonny Peralta and C.C. Sabathia play on the huge stage. That is what I want, and I don't even particularly like the Indians.

--The aforementioned Travis Hafner goes by the nickname "Cronk," which in an age of nicknames simply being the addition of a Y to the end of a name, is amazing. Also, Coco Crisp, which is the best name in baseball, isn't even his given name. That would be Covelli Crisp, which would still be the best.

--For some reason, there is a whole bunch of jerky lying around the house that my mom bought. She is involved in this jerky business, and it kind of freaks me out. A couple weeks ago, she made these little pizzas that I usually like. I took a bite, and something didn't taste right, but I was hungry, so I went with it. Then I realized she stuck pieces of jerky in it and didn't feel so good. I hate jerky.

--I like Los Angeles Times sports columnist T.J. Simers. He is sarcastic, and you really can't take what he says too seriously, but nobody writes a funnier sports column.

--Yeah, I could go for a pretzel, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Duncan letter sells on Internet
'Murderabilia' finds growing market COEUR d'ALENE -- At least two letters purportedly sent by triple murder defendant Joseph Edward Duncan III have been placed on Internet auction sites, and at least one was ...
Hey, I was just checking out various blogs and found yours! Take a look at my trained dogs site. You might find my trained dogs site interesting.

4:22 AM  
Blogger n said...

pretzals! yay! see you tomorrow!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home