Tuesday, October 04, 2005

And in a strange twist of fate, I will become a trash man.

This was posted on the sportsjournalists.com message board under the title, "Look under 'sobering realization' in the dictionary and you'll find..."

-----

Solid Waste Driver

Pay Range: $1750 per month plus benefits
Department: Solid Waste
Duties: Drives refuse truck on assigned routes servicing approximately 1,500 containers per route, per week. Collects trash from residential and commercial areas. Residential containers are serviced twice a week and commercial accounts are serviced as required

-----

What is sobering is that I could make more money per month transporting solid waste than I can as a journalist. Although, if I did it for a month, I don't see myself being too thrilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home