Monday, October 17, 2005

The enemy did it

As a Cubs fan, it is difficult for me to enjoy the knowledge that the White Sox made the World Series before the Cubs. However, I am not outraged like a lot of Cubs fans are. I've never hated the White Sox with a passion. It always seemed dumb to me. Plus, in a way, I am glad they made the World Series because my grandparents' neighbor Jake was a White Sox fan his whole life. Actually, the White Sox didn't even exist until Jake was two years old. He was born in 1899 and died in 1996. The White Sox won the World Series twice in his lifetime: 1906 and 1917. They last time they even played in the World Series was 1959. To the day he passed away, Jake was bitter at the Cincinnati Reds for beating the White Sox in the 1919 World Series. That's dedication, even if the White Sox players were influenced by gamblers to throw the Series. I'm glad they made it this year.

Now if the Cubs would stop messing around and next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home