Monday, October 24, 2005

I have weird friends

(I'm using intitials because they didn't want their real names used. Wusses.)

Because it amuses me, and because DP told me to, here are a series of emails sent between DP, LDS and me regarding a tropical storm that could combine with Hurricane Wilma on Tuesday...

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Hurricane Voltron?
To: DP and LDS

Do either of you know if it's even possible for storms to combine forces like that last sentence says? If they can, that would be weird. With the lower temperatures on the east coast and northeast, I wonder if it would be more like a hurricane blizzard, but I don't know if that's possible either.

http://headlines.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?article=6

Daniel

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:24:31 -0500
From: LDS
To: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
CC: DP
Well, I am no expert (obviously), but I do know it is possible.

I know this, because I've observed it and observed weather people on TV saying it's happened. For a recent example, look at the huge amount of rain the Northeast got last week. That was a result of a general low pressure storm system over that area joining with the remains of a tropical depression that moved up from the southern atlantic area.

For an example around Indy, moisture from the gulf of mexico moves northward and joins regular low pressure storms to make them particularly rainy over Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.

Hurricanes feed off of warmth, in the air and water, and thus a hurricane-blizzard doesn't seem feasable in my mind. However, moisture from the remains of a storm might be able to feed into a regular old low pressure snowstorm to make it snow more, I would imagine.

-lds

#######

From: DP
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:03:55 -0400
To: LDS
CC: "Daniel Bradley"

I don't know anything about the weather other than that it was beautiful outside today. I really hope these hurricanes stop. Just this morning I was being thankful for the area we live in and that we don't get hit up by nasty nasty storms like this, but then I see this. I know that that's selfish of me but it's how I was feelign at the time. Maybe God is going to teach me a lesson with Voltron.

DP

#######

From: DP
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:05:25 -0400
To: LDS
CC: "Daniel Bradley"

Why is it Volton? Aren't we dealing with Wilma right now? The next one should start with an X.

DP

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:37:24 -0500
From: LDS
To: DP
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
CC: "Daniel Bradley"

Bah, so much misunderstanding :-)

Wilma is the last named hurricane. They don't have a hurricane for every letter. They don't have one for x, y, or z... The next one is named Alpha (because they use the greek alphabet after they are out of regular names.

The name "voltron" was a joke.

-lds

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:50:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
To: LDS, DP

Yeah, Voltron was a 1980s cartoon where the lion robot forces assemble to defeat the evil forces of King Zarkon and Prince Lotor, who are from the planet Doom, from destroying the planet Arus (and the galaxy!). Only here, it's two hurricanes assembling to create havoc and Voltron is going to be needed to destroy it. Let's go Voltron force!

From Voltron: Defender of the Universe ..."From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend; the legend of Voltron, Defender of the Universe, a mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the solar
system, they maintained peace throughout the universe, until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of the super force of space explorers, specially trained and sent by the Alliance to bring back Voltron, Defender of the Universe!"

I'm weird.

Daniel

#######

From: DP
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:53:35 -0400
To: "Daniel Bradley"
CC: LDS

Post this on your blog...

DP

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:01:25 -0500
From: LDS
To: DP
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
CC: "Daniel Bradley"

should he post it before or after the pics of him screwing your mom?

(Editor's note: LDS enjoys making jokes about DP's mom, which sometimes are a little on the demented side.)

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:03:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
To: LDS, DP

You should know I'm posting the entire exchange from beginning to end because it amuses me. I am considering whether I should censor that.

Daniel

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:04:50 -0500
From: LDS
To: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?

I don't think you should

but I think you should not put my name, perhaps....

-lds

#######

From: DP
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:05:30 -0400
To: "Daniel Bradley"
CC: LDS

CENSORSHIP IS FOR LOSERS! Post the whole thing.

DP

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:07:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
To: DP
CC: LDS

I'll make sure to write in the appendix that LDS and DP's mom are expecting DP II in February.

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:27:41 -0500
From: LDS
To: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
CC: DP
DP completely missed your joke and thought you were saying that I was actually his dad.... He thought it was funny with that interpretation, but when he learned the real one, it lost the humor to him... hmm, nothing like a homeschooled sense of humor...

-lds

#######

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Daniel Bradley"
Subject: Re: Hurricane Voltron?
To: LDS
CC: DP
Eh, oh well. Homeschooled sense of humor or no homeschooled sense of humor, the Oedepus complex is a little too strong for me here. I think I'm going to end this now.

Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home