Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So...the ship didn't sink?

I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard about a commercial advertising the release of the DVD version of "Titanic." That's not a big deal. Nearly every movie is on DVD. However, one of the features are "alternate endings." What? How could there be alternate endings? There is no alternate ending. The ship hit a huge iceberg and sank. A whole bunch of people drowned. One guy hit the huge propeller and made everybody laugh. And oh yeah, THE SHIP SANK!! The end. What more do they need to say? Maybe Jack lives, but I really hope not. It wouldn't make sense because the whole side-story of the movie is with the old woman telling a story about how Jack changed her life and then died. To change the ending would make the previous three and a half hours meaningless.

Seeing the movie in the first place was something I was unsure about. Why go through three and a half hours when you know how it's going to end? I suppose you could say that about a lot of movies, but everybody knows the ship sank. I never understood why people cried because it was obvious what was going to happen. Did anyone really think Jack was going to live? I sure didn't. He goes and thinks he can sweep Kate Winslet off her naked feet by drawing a picture of her? I think not. I hated Leonardo DiCaprio after that movie. So annoying.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Bradley you just ruined the movie for me! You gotta warn people when you have spoilers. Now I donno if I'll ever see it. Bummer:)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lucas Sayre said...

Oh whatever, pulliam, you know you were one of those people who saw the movie like 10 times in the theater.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

I'm still waiting for the sequel to Braveheart.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I've never seen that movie, Lucas. You were the one that saw it 10 times in the theatre.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home