Saturday, October 08, 2005

Soy Sauce Heroes

I am at work right now, but it's not busy so I can write this down because in my mind, it was pretty classic.

Walking in the Star tonight, I noticed a box of food donations. Altruism is a noble trait for a person to have, and it was nice to see two or three full boxes of food. However, the one package of food that stuck out to me was a giant tub that read, "Thick Soy Sauce." Why somebody would donate soy sauce is beyond me. In order to use soy sauce, you need to have purchased Chinese food for it to be of any use. Nobody eats soy sauce by itself. I should know. I tried once, and it was a bad experience. What I'm guessing happened was that in one of the departments, everyone was ordered to bring in some sort of food for the donation. Not knowing what to bring and not wanting to go to the store and have to spend money, they probably saw the big tub of thick soy sauce that had been sitting in their kitchen cabinet for three years and brought it in. No more soy sauce equals more room in the cabinet. I wonder what the hungry person is going to think when he or she receives the soy sauce. Probably that journalists are stupid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucas Sayre said...

Maybe they plan on donating Chinese food next...

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home