Saturday, October 01, 2005

Things written while I'm waiting for the monster under my bed to leave

Saturday was the last night for one of the people I work with at the Star. He and I got along, even if we didn't talk as much as I do with some of the others. He is moving to Idaho to work at Idaho State University. It's always kind of strange how you know you're probably never going to see someone again, yet you say "see you later" or something similar. It was the same way whenever people who weren't my best friends would graduate, and I'd say something like, "Good luck. Yeah, yeah, I hope so, too. But I'll see you around." Then I'd walk away and realize a few seconds later that I might never talk to whomever it was again. It's one of those things that weird on a certain level.

In other less jumbled, but slightly more rambling news

--I have noticed that on the days I don't work, I avoid anything that has to do with sports at all costs, except for football on Sundays. On the other days I am off, it is the last thing I want to think about. It probably has to do with being surrounded by sports for hours on end with nothing to interrupt it. It's almost irritating when my brother or dad decide to talk about the Pacers or baseball or whatever because I just don't want to think about it. I'm fine with going to a game, but I don't want to talk about it in my off time. I am glad I am this way because I don't want to be shallow.

--Craig's List is one of those things I could read for hours. Where else can you find job offers, appartment deals, people saying how much they hate Indiana and others saying how much they want someone else to die in a public forum?

--From the end scene of Ron Burgundy
"Brick, will you be holding your celebrity golf outing again this year?"
"No. Too many people died last year."

--Is it really too much for someone to keep some cookies in this house? It's after 3 a.m. There have to be cookies somewhere. When I was little, my parents didn't let me eat sugar. This meant no cookies. No cake. No ice cream. No soft drinks (or pop or soda or Coke or whatever you want to call it). No cupcakes. No candy bars. No pie. No cereal with candy. No candy, in general. No chocolate-covered peanuts. No whatever else you can think of. Maybe this explains a lot of things.

--Thank God that the Cubs' death march finally ends tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger adrian said...

Hi. You are welcome to visit my site where you can find information on : penis enlargement

4:37 AM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Oh my God, you can't be serious. My comment section has been spammed by the people who brought you such classic email subject lines as "TURN YOUR ROD INTO A MONSTER!" Who knew that my blog comment section would turn into my email bulk folder.

I'm going to erase this later, but I'm still trying to get past the fact that somebody or their automated system chose my blog to advertise their special pills.

It's a sad day in Internetland.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home