Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Wal-Mart at midnight

I was planning, and still may do, my account of a late-night visit to Wal-Mart, but sportsjournalists.com poster Bubbler does an amazing job with his. So here it is ... "Dissecting pop culture: Eight scenes from Wal-Mart at midnight." Wal-Mart after the sun goes down is the scariest place on Earth. The one in my town is also the also the filthiest place on Earth. I see people cleaning the floors, but I don't think they're actually doing anything. The parking lot is a whole other matter. Number one, it's way too dark. Number two, I could fall in the potholes and never be found. There is also a very creepy McDonald's in the front of the store. I thought it was cool when I was 12. At 24, it appears it is even less clean than the store. It's the second Wal-Mart the town has had. The first has been abandoned for years and is just sitting. A new Wal-Mart is being built (on the site of a former mobile home park, which is a coincidence you just can't make up because it's really kind of cruel), so the current one will also be abandoned. It doesn't do much to make the town look good, especially when the huge new outdoor mall will be opening later this week.

Blah, blah, blah. I don't know what I'm writing about anymore. I'm going to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucas Sayre said...

I hate Walmarts. They are annoying. Meiers... That's where the action is at.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

No, Target is where the action is. Don't you forget that.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Oh, and another thing about Wal-Mart, someone I knew in high school tried to live in the camping department in a tent. He got kicked out after a day or a little more. The fact he made it through a day made me respect him forever.

And I'm commenting in my own comments section...

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home