Monday, October 17, 2005

What? Why did my oxen die?!?

I miss the Oregon Trail game almost everyone had to play who was in elementary school anytime between 1985 and 1995 or so. That was a great game. Just when you thought you almost made it to Jefferson, Missouri, you'd either die of dysentery, have your wagon capsize in a river, have the wagon set on fire killing you and your family or some other calamity would occur. The you would get to write the headstone message, so there was some fun in getting killed. The best part was the hunting. It gave students a chance to get rid of some of the pent up aggression that grows during the school day. No wonder the buffalo are almost nonexistent anymore. America's schoolchildren killed them a decade ago.

I had a newer version of the game, but it wasn't the same. I'm looking for the one from school. Oh memories...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Wow, that was an amazing game. I need to get me a copy...

5:57 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

You played it in homeschool? :)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home