Saturday, October 22, 2005

Written with an empty brain

I don't think there's going to be any single element that ties any of this together...

-- I don't think I have ever laughed harder at a movie theater than I did during "The Royal Tenenbaums" when they were in the Owen Wilson character's living room and whenever they showed Wilson, there was a painting of these wolf-like creatures on off-road vehicles attacking a man. At least I think that's what they were. I need to see that movie again, along with "Rushmore" and "The Life Aquatic." Maybe Sunday will be a Wes Anderson-directed movie day after the Colts game.

-- "This is one of the creepiest things I've read about in awhile." They are two 13-year old sister singers whose songs are about white supremacy. From the story...

Known as "Prussian Blue" — a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes — the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were nine.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white … we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

Lynx and Lamb have been nurtured on racist beliefs since birth by their mother April. "They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."


Number one, it's scary to me to hear a 13-year old girl talking about "preserving our race." Actually, it's scary to me when anyone says that. Oh yeah, there are so few white people left. Whatever will we do? Sheesh. Number two, these kids' parents are crazy. Later on in the story, it talks about how the dad has swastikas all around their house. It is none of my business how a family wants to raise its children, but there is something wrong with this. I feel like I need to take a shower.

-- As usually happens at this time of the year, I'm tired of baseball, but the Astros will win the World Series in six games. Houston has too much pitching. But of course, I could end up wrong.

-- I think I'm getting sick. I have that feeling in the back of my throat when something is coming, and I am coughing a little. Perhaps I should consider sleeping normal hours again. The problem with that is that I haven't slept "normal hours" since 2001. I doubt I will ever get back to that.

-- Day 2 of utter grayness complete. According to the Weather Channel, we'll have a few more. Stupid Indiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home