Friday, November 11, 2005

11/11

Today is Nov. 11. When I was younger, Nov. 11 was one of my favorite days of the year because when written in numerical form, is 11/11. Going to my first baseball game in Chicago in 1994, I was sitting the backseat when I looked to see the time. It was 11:11. Ever since then, I almost always happen to look at the clock at 11:11, whether it is A.M. or P.M. It's really weird. From the ages of 13 to 15, I was obsessed with it, but I toned it down after that. Just another little oddity, I suppose.

# # #

Had I stayed in college for seven more years, I would've reached this guy's territory. I'm glad I didn't. I don't know what to think of the guy, but this sentence got me...

When Mr. Lechner enrolled in college in 1994, the Internet was practically a baby and his current girlfriend was starting fourth grade.

That's a long time to be in college.

P.S. I woke up not very long ago, so if this post is as bad as it might be, that's why.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucas Sayre said...

I used to place significance on the 11:11 thing too until I really thought about it. We glance at the clock often, but we only remember it when it's 11:11. This does not establish some mystical connection with the number and our essence. It only establishes that we remember what is unique.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home