Friday, November 04, 2005

Bow-chicky-bow-bow

Because it's 2:39 a.m., and this is the time of night the really interesting stories start being published, I give you a story about...HOT SLIME MOLD FOSSIL ACTION!! Well, at least the little fungus myxomycetes died happy, but let's just hope there isn't a fetish for this stuff. You need a high-powered microscope to see them, so hopefully that will act as a deterent.

# # #

A question I have is how do you interview someone during the worst moment of his or her life and live with yourself? Is there a way to dehumanize the entire situation? That's one of the toughest aspects of journalism for me to figure out. It's why I chose sports, even though every so often in sports, you deal with terrible things. If a player on a team I covered dropped dead during a game from a heart aiment, it would be my job to report and write the story. There would not be any complaining, and I would have to do my job. I just hope I'd do it well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home