Indiana: Crossroads between smart and dumb
Here are the complete rankings...
1. Vermont, 2. Connecticut, 3. Massachusetts, 4. New Jersey, 5. Maine, 6. Minnesota, 7. Virginia, 8. Wisconsin, 9. Montana, 10. New York
11. Pennsylvania, 12. Nebraska, 13. Kansas, 14. Iowa, 15. New Hampshire, 16. Rhode Island, 17. Wyoming, 18. South Dakota, 19. Maryland, 20. North Dakota
21. Missouri, 22. North Carolina, 23. Colorado, 24. Texas, 25. Delaware, 26. Indiana, 27. Michigan, 28. Idaho, 29. South Carolina, 30. Washington
31. Ohio, 32. Illinois, 33. Utah, 34. West Virginia, 35. Kentucky, 36. Florida, 37. Arkansas, 38. Oregon, 39. Oklahoma, 40. Georgia
41. Tennessee, 42. Hawaii, 43. Alabama, 44. Alaska, 45. Louisiana, 46. California, 47. Nevada, 48. New Mexico, 49. Mississippi, 50. Arizona
At least we beat all of our neighbors. Kentucky is to be expected, and Ohio is generally dumb in all aspects. (I'm all for baseless, blanket statements when I'm tired.) Illinois is a little bit of a surprise because I always considered them to be better than Indiana. Michigan is just weird, though, and I have a hard time even considering them a neighbor state. Montana is the upset of the list. How they would be ninth is beyond me. I guess the two people who live there are really bright. Considering the nature and general makeup of the east coast states, it is not that big of a surprise that eight of the top 10 are in the east.
# # #
I now present to you goats. Jumping on trampolines.
(Photo by Glenn Hartong/The Cincinnati Enquirer)
Trampolines are fun. Goats are cool. Combine the two, and the world might explode. Actually, a goat jumping on a trampoline might be the happiest picture imaginable. That goat really seems to be loving it. There are few greater things in the world than a picture of a goat jumping on a trampoline. The photo gallery has more goat/trampoline goodness. In one of the pictures, the boy looks exactly like Dewey from "Malcolm in the Middle."
The goats help the boy with his ADHD problems, but the city claims the family cannot keep them because of zoning issues. The city should let the kid have his goats.