Friday, December 02, 2005

Before my head hits the keyboard in exhaustion

First off, pie beats cake any day. Don't get me wrong, cake is great. However, pie is on another level.

Top 5 pies:

1) Apple
2) Pecan (No whipped cream.)
3) Blueberry (When done right, it's higher than No. 3.)
4) Coconut (I just like it, and no one understands why.)
5) Banana cream (I had one once that makes me drool like Homer Simpson at the thought.)

Bottom 1 pie:

1) Pumpkin (I just hate it, and no one understands why.)

Supposedly, there are areas of the country where cheddar cheese is supposed to go with apple pie. While these are my No. 1 favorites in their respective food genres, this is just a no-no combination. I wasn't even aware this existed until a few days ago, but it just sounds frightening.

# # #

If I looked back over this blog, I wouldn't surprised if a large percentage of the entries had to do with food or eating. It seems like that is the subject a little too often. Funny it comes from someone who has severe cooking deficiencies and has never been confused with being fat.

# # #

Music suggestion: Nic Armstrong and the Thieves.

# # #

Most of the time, what I write on here is just off the top of my head, but I've also noticed that when I'm not writing on this, I'm thinking of things to write. I actually write down lists of things in my head and on paper of what to write about. Like if I think of something weird during the day (example: Elmo, VH-1 Special), I'll run it through my mind (sometimes a couple days) until I feel comfortable to enough to sit down here to write it. A lot don't make it because they weird me out a little too much, and I can imagine they'd do the same to you. I have to censor my brain sometimes. They're not bad. They're just...weird. It's strange, strange to actually think about what to write in this so-called blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

You anti-pumpkin pie people are just weird. It is my favorite pie and I don't get why you don't like it. Noelle also doesn't like it. I don't understand.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Lucas Sayre said...

I'm also a pumpkin detractor. I don't think it's terrible, but it wouldn't make my top 5. Pecan is my top one. Apple would be second. Sugar cream (not banana cream) would be third. My mom got her recipe in the IndyStar, btw, for this pie.

I love a good butterscotch pie, so that would be 4th.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Noelle is right, Pulliam. You should listen to her. Pumpkin pie is just gross to me, yet every year on Thanksgiving and Christmas, my mom says, "Do you want some pumpkin pie?" To which I reply with, "No." And she says, "But it's gooooood." Of which I retort with, "I tell you every year that I don't like it." Which brings a response of, "You don't know what you're missing." And a exasperated Daniel exclaims, "Yes, I do! I don't like pumpkin pie." And the debate ends with, "You're unreasonable, Daniel." And I walk away a broken man, mumbling incoherently under my breath while toting my slices of pecan.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Anything butterscotch is good, but I've never had a butterscotch pie. I love butterscotch.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home