Monday, December 12, 2005

Build me a statue

NBA player Vince Carter is going to have a statue of himself built in front of his high school's new gym that will be funded for by the $2.5 million Carter donated to the school. I wonder if there are better ways the money could be used than a life-size statue of Vince Carter.

Although, I suppose that if I were to donate some money to Butler's school of journalism, I would like to have a bigger than lifesize statue of myself built in front of the Fairbanks Center. That would be a fitting tribute to me, the legend that I am. Me up there in marble looking all regal holding my notebook and massacring the competition. It would need a fitting inscription, too. Actually, I don't think I should have to donate any money. I gave them five years of my life, the least they can do is give me a giant marble statue. A couple big fountains would be nice, as well. They could have a water and music show every night with lights illuminating the water and my statue. It would conclude with a fireworks display. While they're at it, they could also just name the School of Journalism after me because, Pulliam? What's a Pulliam? Anybody who reads this and is still at Butler, please bring this up with Dr. Anokwa next semester. It needs to happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

If I find enough time in my schedule.
But, of course, you know how much time you must be prepared to invest before you even approach that man. :)

1:45 AM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Everything takes time. The Great Wall of China wasn't built in one day. So, I think you should be prepared to donate hundreds of years of your life to this.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home