Thursday, December 08, 2005

Everybody's flying and no one leaves the ground

On the radio and the TV and online, the same question is being posed today over and over and over again: Where were you when you heard John Lennon was shot on Dec. 8, 1980? I know where I was. While the circumstances leading up to which are too disturbing to think about, I was a zygote. Yep, I was a cell formed by the union of two gametes that caused my mom to go to the doctor that day and see what was going on. The knowledge of my future existence came to be on the day John Lennon died.

When I was really little, like a year and a half or so, my favorite song to bounce around to was Lennon's "Nobody Told Me." My parents played a lot of music around me when I was that age, but that always seemed to be a strange coincidence. A few years ago, I was convinced I was John Lennon in a previous lifetime. Some people get to be a slug, I was John Lennon. That would've been an interesting previous life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bushwick is Beautiful said...

In a playpen, on the lower east side.

2:35 PM  
Blogger BenjaminBradley said...

This is a sad day...

Remembering John

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home