Monday, January 23, 2006

Adventures In Late Night Television

Alan Alda is currently the host of a program on PBS about how people overcome overeating disorders. Among these include gastric bypass surgery, which they just showed being performed. Why did they choose Alan Alda? When I think "overeating" or "grazing behavior," the image of Alan Alda doesn't normally appear in my mind. Perhaps Mr. Alda is appearing on my television screen at almost 3 a.m. mixed with surgery scenes due to his starring in M*A*S*H. Maybe not. It's just a little strange.

Actually, it seems he hosts the "Scientific American Frontiers" program, so that explains it. Alan Alda will be delving into caverns next time.

# # #

Here is what else is on TV at 3 a.m. I'll stop when I get bored with it. It's more for my own benefit, so feel free to stop reading now if you wish.

Ch. 2 ESPN: The 1973 Super Bowl. Maybe the Dolphins won't win this time!
Ch. 3 PBS: Alan Alda show
Ch. 4 WTTV: Off the air
Ch. 5 ABC: Some late, late, late night news show. Doesn't appear to be taped. I feel sorry for them. They look tired.
Ch. 6 Religion Station: A show about the Shroud of Turin, but there is a loud beeping sound and no voices.
Ch. 7 CBS: Another late, late, late night news show. Does appear to be taped.
Ch. 8 QVC: They're selling barbecue. That seems like a strange thing to sell this late at night.
Ch. 9 Religion Station: "The largest collection of gospel music ever sold!"
Ch. 10 Don't know: "Thank you very much U.S. Auto Credit!"
Ch. 11 Fox: Off the air
Ch. 12 NBC: Future president Barak Obama on a replay of Meet the Press.
Ch. 13 Education Channel: Flashing beams of light. Trace-inducing. Staring. Staring. Uhhh....what? Onto the next channel!
Ch. 14: Doesn't exist. BACK TO THE FLASHING LIGHTS OF 13!
Ch. 15 Don't know: Chuck Norris advertising weight equipment. Amazing. Just amazing.
Ch. 16 Public access: Meeting of the Alcoholic Beverage Board of Marion County.
Ch. 17 Shopping Channel: Selling computers.
Ch. 18 Univision: A Spanish speaking talk show. My one semester of Spanish taught me nothing.
Ch. 19 E!: Tara Reid speaking French. I don't know.
Ch. 20 Education Channel: MORE FLASHING LIGHTS! THE SAME AS 13! *drooling trance*
Ch. 21 Don't know: Peaceful water scene with soothing music. That's nice.
Ch. 22: Doesn't exist.
Ch. 23 CSPAN 2: They're showing a chart. Not real sure what it is.
Ch. 24 Weather Channel: They're talking about weather.
Ch. 25 Scrambled HBO: "Heh, heh! Dude, I think I see a boob. Heh, heh!"
Ch. 26 FX: X-Files movie. Mulder: "You kept me honest! You made me a whole person!" Mulder and Scully are going to make out until...she gets stung by a bee!
Ch. 27 SkyTrak Weather: More weather stuff.
Ch. 28: Doesn't exist.
Ch. 29 TBS: Fried Green Tomatoes. Buddy just got hit by the train.
Ch. 30 TNT: Tom Selleck movie. He apparently got shot, but if my mom were here, she'd be swooning.
Ch. 31 Don't know: Liberty Bell Flea Market commercial.
Ch. 32 Shopping channel: "This is a $39.95 value! THIS IS SUCH A DEAL!"
Ch. 33 Don't know: Cold medicine commercial.
Ch. 34 Game Show Network: Some old game show where they're running a toy car in circles.
Ch. 35 Comedy: I don't know. It might be Mad TV.
Ch. 36 Shopping channel: There are way too many of these.
Ch. 37 Court TV: "...the serial killer goes on the prowl again."

I give up. That's enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger n said...

the x files movie was on?
do you ever think you have too much time on your hands mr bradley?
youre not even online right now. are you still sleeping?

my arms hurt from playing volleyball.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

1) Yeah, the X-Files movie was on. I haven't seen it in years.

2) Even when I had all my homework to do, I would do this type of stuff. I just didn't write it down.

3) No, I wasn't sleeping. Well, I was earlier, but not then. I just wanted to give my laptop a rest. It had been on for a couple weeks straight.

4) STOP WHINING AND PLAY, WILENSKY! YOU'RE TOUGH! YOU'RE AN ANIMAL! GET BACK OUT THERE AND SHOW THOSE GUYS WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF! SPIKE THE DAMN BALL! LET'S GO!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home