Monday, January 02, 2006

Oh man, I shouldn't be doing this

First off, before I get to what I shouldn't do, here is a plug for The Fiery Furnaces' cd "Blueberry Boat." It's 73 minutes of layers. Most of the songs are in segments that build upon and mix into each other until they're seven to nine minutes long. Five are more than eight minutes. Some parts can best be described as sounding like a crazed circus. At least that's how I imagine it when I close my eyes. Angry clowns and lions feasting on the crowd. It's insane. It's just the craziest thing I've ever heard. It feels like an asylum. Buy it!

# # #

Second of all before I get to the main event, go Notre Dame today. I could never root for Ohio State in anything. The Buckeyes get such a free ride from the media in that state that it is ridiculous. Yeah, the same thing probably happens with Penn State, IU, Illinois and so on, but there is also the pretentiousness of Ohio State University. For example, and maybe this is nitpicking, but they can't just go with Ohio State. No, it has to be THE Ohio State University. Seriously, just gag me.

Oh, and you're welcome, Lucas...even if I still say they're hasty in nominating Charlie Weis for god status.

# # #

Edit: Due to pressures put upon me because I bring bad luck to sports teams, this section has been removed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Possibilities ... great Bradley, you just ruined the Colts season...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lucas Sayre said...

You also cursed the Irish, apparently...

1:39 AM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Hmmm. Maybe I should take down the NFL part now.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home