Monday, February 06, 2006

Puppies eating Taco Bell in Montana

There is a place on Earth, a wonderful place, called Hungry Horse, Montana. They have a dam in Hungry Horse.



They also have a newspaper called the Hungry Horse News. It won a Pulitzer Prize in 1965.



Thank you, Internet, for the images. Really, that's all. I just felt like sharing.

# # #

A few days ago, I was eating Taco Bell when I looked at the food, looked up and realized, "I am eating Taco Bell." The revelation caused me to lose my appetite, which is strange considering all the times in my life I have eaten Taco Bell. If I don't feel like cooking, spending more money or if it's late at night on a vacation, the choice has always been Taco Bell. When it was in the C-Club at Butler, I would have a bean burrito with no onions and a hard taco, which was eventually memorized by the workers. If I am buying from any other location, it is two hard tacos, a chicken quesedilla and a chilli cheese burrito. Despite the fact it probably has enough fat and calories to cause seven simultaneous heart attacks, the chili cheese burrito is my single favorite fast food item. They are some states where it is not available, and it is always a let-down. But, for now, I am avoiding Taco Bell. I'm sure this is of the greatest importance in the lives of all the world's people.

# # #

On Animal Planet today, there was a program called "Puppy Bowl II." It consisted of puppies running around on a miniature football field for four hours. At halftime, they switched to kittens. When halftime ended, they dumped a bunch of confetti on the kittens. This terrified them. After the show was over, they repeated it. This went on all day long. It had to be one of the strangest things I have ever seen on TV. It wasn't just the fact that they showed puppies running around for hours at a time, but that they played this same basic music over and over and over again. It became mesmerizing. I could want to walk away, but it was always, "I'll just wait until this song is over. OK...I'll just wait until they stop showing Barry attack the other puppies. I'll just...I'll just sit down in this chair and...and I'll...and...where am I?" What was Animal Planet trying to do? Overwhelm us with an overdose of cuteness? I think the others in this house were starting to worry about me. An intervention was surely being planned behind doors. "We must free Daniel from the forces of the puppies," they probably said. But, alas, it is over. And thank goodness I don't have Tivo.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Puppy Bowl is hilarious! It's not really meant to be watched non-stop - it's just a break from all the football crap.

No Taco Bell? WTF? I still LOVE Taco Bell. I've never had a chili burrito, though - they don't have them in Texas. I'm still a sucker for bean burritos and your basic crunchy tacos. Yummy.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

No, all in all, I still like Taco Bell, and I've given up not eating it. It was futile. I don't think I could live in Texas, though, because the chili cheese burritoes are great. Was it a nachos bell grande with no meat and add rice that you'd get when we'd go to C-Club for lunch? Those kids today don't know what they're missing. I need to go say hi to Marvin, see if he remembers my order.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home