Friday, March 03, 2006

Amazon searching

After scouring amazon.com, I found the best bookcover on the planet. From Mark MacYoung, "Secrets" of Effective Offense: Survival Strategies for Self-Defense, Martial Arts, and Law Enforcement. I like that secrets is in quotation marks.



# # #

Something I would like to read is Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919 by Stephen Puelo. In 1919, a giant tank holding 2.3 million gallons of molasses collasped, sending 15-foot high waves of the stuff rolling through Boston and killing 21 people.

This is what the fury of molasses looks like...



That would have to be terrifying to look outside your window and see a giant wave of molasses coming right at you. For years, people claimed they could still smell molasses in the area of the flood.

# # #

Is it normal for me to walk around all day afraid that Dick Cheney is going to jump out of nowhere and shoot me in the face? Yeah, I know that incident happened a couple weeks ago, but I'm just concerned the scary guy is going to pop a cap into me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home