Friday, October 27, 2006

Car Dealership Dramaquest: Actual Conversation vs. Interpretation

Actual conversation

Car dealer #1: So, you called and were told we had a 2003 Pontiac Vike for $12,995? That sounds weird, but I'm sure we can work something out. Who did you talk to?"

Me: "John something or other, I think."

Car dealer #2 (standing five feet away looking perplexed): "Oh, I'm John. Yeah, I talked to you. I left a message a little later. Did you get it?"

Me: "Oh, I'm sorry. I should have asked for you. I didn't mean to..."

Car dealer #2 (either close to tears or about to explode in anger due to losing a possible commission): "That...that's OK."

Me: "Well, if it's not here anymore I, uh, I should be going."

Interpretation

Car dealer #1: So, you called and were told we had a 2003 Pontiac Vike for $12,995? That sounds weird, but I'm sure we can work something out. Who did you talk to?"

Me: "John something or other, I think."

Car dealer #2 (standing five feet away): "What the hell, Bradley?!? Number one, that was my deal, and you're cheating on me with Mr. Fake Tan over here? And number two, John something or other? You don't even remember my name, you bastard! When we talked on the phone, I thought you said we were meant to be together on this deal! I thought we were soulmates. Oh, and that's not even mentioning the fact you don't return my calls anymore! I'm...I'm crushed. I don't know if I can hold it together any longer."

Me: "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Look, it's not what it looks like. He means nothing to me. The commission is all your's if we decide to work together."

Car dealer #2: "No, it's not all right. You go behind my back and deal with HIM!"

Me: "Look, I can see it's not working out right now, so I'm just going to go. You know my number, I know your's. We'll get lunch or something when you're feeling rational, OK?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Semen Rendi said...

Find the latest used and new cars for sale.
Great used car deals and prices.
More here www.postallads4free.com

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home