Saturday, June 30, 2007

There's hope in the ivy-covered burial ground

(Edit: It's the middle of the night, and I just woke up. What follows here is ridiculous. It should be deleted for fear that I jinxed them--it's so sensitive that I refuse to say their name--but I'll leave it. If they lose today, go on a multiple game losing streak and finish 20 games out of first, it's my fault. Optimism is stupid, kids. Don't try it. It fries the brain.)

I'm being cautious. I really am. They're 39-39. Still six-and-a-half games behind Milwaukee. But, my, was that beautiful today or what? It's amazing how a seven-game winning streak suddenly makes the days a little brighter. What I'm about to say requires I remind you that skepticism is a natural trait of mine. Normally, I'd say, "Yeah, but the five-game losing streak is coming soon. Just watch." But something feels different. I don't know what it is, but something good is about to happen. I have a feeling. It's a weird feeling, and I don't know how to deal with it. It's almost as if there is a change in the cosmic forces that determine the universe's events. So, we'll see. But if I'm wrong, I'll be fine. I'll just return to my normal refrain of, "I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. Why do I put myself through this? Oh well. It could be worse. I could be a...Phillies fan."

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

aren't the phillies fans about to celebrate a huge milestone? Like 10,000 losses?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Daniel Bradley said...

Yeah, they've lost 9,994 games, and it will probably be 9,995 after tonight.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home